This is when the rubber meets the road. Every month, I’m going to come up with a handful of resolutions that I will try to keep for that month (and hopefully continue to keep during the next months that follow). I will try to pick out resolutions that start with the basics of being a happy trumpeter and human being, and then build on that in subsequent months. Why resolutions? Because I think you have to culture your happiness from within. You can’t wait for happy things to just come your way.
Benjamin Franklin said, “How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.” Energy, focus, streamlining, and getting things done are my goals in December. And here are my resolutions for December (Ha! I beat everybody else who is going to make resolutions next month!):
- get fitter in my whole body
- start organizing, logging, recording my practice
- blog everyday
- finish my “to-do” list items as soon as possible
- think of ways to streamline my to-do list
- act the way I want to sound on the trumpet: big-hearted, confident, engaging