I’m incredibly proud and grateful for the past six years of Trumpet Journey. Really, it has been my journey, and I am so glad that I got to share it with you.
Here are six facts about TJ that are worthy of a list:
- There are 163 posts on TJ, including this one.
- There have been 245,000 visitors from all around the world.
- Trumpet Journey was recently judged to be one of the top-ten trumpet-related blogs in the world by Last Row Music website and as a top site to help beginning trumpeters by TrumpetHub.
- My top-ten lists are the most popular posts that I have written. People love these lists–it gives them a place to start, and it gives them an opinion to embrace–or disagree with. The top top-ten list is from a long time ago: jazz trumpeters living today.
- I love to do interviews with other trumpeters. I’ve done 27 so far. Two of them were bilingual (Portuguese/English and Italian/English).
- There have been 300 comments on the site. But thousands more on social media shares of the posts. I love the positive comments, but I also like the more-critical ones–they make me think.
My future plans for this next year:
- Continuing with my “Trumpet Happiness” exploration. It’s been on pause a little bit, but I’m ready to get back to it! It makes me happy.
- Writing about some of the big changes in my life over the last few months: retiring from the U.S. Navy Band and starting to teach full-time at Colorado State University. (by the way, I’ll be looking to recruit new students for the fall of 2019!) I will also be looking into my forthcoming recording project and the publishing of my compositions.
- More interviews.
- More special content. Like the “This Day in Trumpet History” widget that appears from time to time on the webpage. Like more entries in the Trumpet History Timeline.
- More lists. What can I say? I love lists!
Here are some wonderful photos from past posts. Enjoy!