Top Ten Reasons to record yourself when you practice:
- It will force you to organize your practice sessions, so that you can have recordable parts (as opposed to random things that you are throwing together)
- You can listen to yourself objectively, so that you can improve
- You will imitate the feeling of performing for an audience
- It will force you to practice a lot more repetitions in order to get a good take
- It will force you to balance the impulse of risky phrasing with the necessities of getting right notes
- It will help you become less self-conscious, more confident
- It will force you to rest more frequently in your practice session (in order to hear each take, and in order to sound fresh for the takes)
- If you video yourself, it will give you feedback on your body language (and facial expressions)
- It will help you take your playing to the next level
- It will give you material to post online to enthuse your fans
Record yourself. You’ll begin to really like your playing.
Trust me on this.No tags for this post.