Happiness comes from many sources, but charitable giving can be a big source of your happiness. What are some ways that you could give to musicians at this time of year?
- Give to your local church and earmark the donation for music ministries.
- Give to the Combined Federal Campaign (U.S.A. only). You can run a quick search for “music” in their Catalogue of Caring, which might turn up some charitable organizations that connect with you and your feelings of charity.
- There are public radio stations all over the United States. Many of them are asking for donations.
- Kickstarter, Patreon, Indiegogo (not too much for trumpeters here). There are others.
- Go hear live music.
- Drop some money in a busker’s hat.
- Pay for recorded music on a platform like iTunes.
- Buy a CD that’s on sale at a concert.
Please respond by commenting with your favorite charity!No tags for this post.
I’ve done all 8 at some time or another, 3 or 4 within the past month.
You’re a model citizen, Mary Martha! Good on ya!