A couple of days ago I blogged about making a purpose statement. I came up with “I want to inspire others to be the best version of themselves by sharing my most authentic, creative work.” I like this statement, but the whole process of thinking about core values and purpose statements has me thinking deeper about what fundamentally motivates me. Just like the core values that I reworked yesterday, I wanted a chance to re-visit the purpose statement. Here are some of my drafts for a new and improved purpose statement. I’m not sure which one I like the best–maybe I can keep them all on rotation!
- To make it easier for everyone to learn trumpet and music.
- Increase opportunities for children (of all ages and backgrounds) to learn the trumpet.
- Inspire others with the wonder of music.
- To have a beautiful heart and see it in others.
- Heal souls with music.
- To be the most inspiring teacher I can be.
- To inspire with achievement, adventure, authenticity, wonder and happiness.
- To heal and inspire souls with a sense of wonder and beauty.
No tags for this post.